Let us take the homework, and guessing out of building a new home! With the help of our New Home Sales Team, we will be involved every step of the way!
CONTACT US and we will take it from there!
- Financing options from Construction Loans to Seller Financing and Land Contracts – you have options!
- Selecting the perfect homesite based on your lifestyle, budget, and location requirements
- A comprehensive, step to step guide detailing the building process
- Share a portfolio of popular floorplans to begin generating ideas
Coordination of Client and Builder meetings and assisting with bid reviews
- Act as liasion between client and builder if desired
- 100% No money down financing for new construction
We look forward to the opportunity to meet with you and discuss the possibilities!
These highly skilled and reputable builders have built hundreds of homes in Michiana. Each builder is an active, good standing member of the Home Builder’s Association of Saint Joseph Valley, and among our carefully selected Premier Builders there are current and past presidents of this respected organization.
Each of our Premier Builders have a personal commitment to ensuring the quality of the overall project. Rest assured that our staff along with your Premier Builder will work closely together to assure you of a superb home building experience.
Starting your search
Begin your search by calling Cooreman Real Estate Group and asking for a list of Premier Builders that would appreciate the opportunity to earn your business and build your new home. Start the process by making a list of the size, style, price range, and type of home you’re looking for. We are happy to recommend several builders that are reputable in the business and offer a quality, well built home for a fair price.
Making the right choice
Take a look around. The best way to learn about builders is to visit homes they have built and to talk to the owners. Some questions to ask the homeowners are:
- Are you happy with your home?
- Did the builder do what was promised in a timely manner?
- Would you buy another home from this builder?
Shop for quality and value
Always keep value in mind. Just because a home is less expensive than another does not mean it is a better value. Likewise a more expensive home does not assure high quality. Look for both construction quality and design quality.
Ask questions about service after the sale
Ask to see a copy of the builder’s warranty. Find out from the builder what kind of service you can expect after the sale, and if the builder can respond quickly to an emergency. Some other questions you might ask the builder:
- How long has the company been in business?
- Whom do you contact for customer service?
- What responsibility does the builder assume for the work of subcontractors?
- Does the builder use state-of-the-art energy features and equipment?
Be sure to compare apples to apples
Ask the builders that you talk to these 9 key questions:
- Do you have a reference list of at least a dozen buyers?
- Do your homes have good resale?
- Have you won any building awards?
- Do you respond to call backs after the sale?
- Are your crews trained to help the buyer?
- Are your allowances adequate? Request a list of allowances for each item
- Do you encourage the buyer to make frequent site visits?
- Do you allow sweat equity?
- Can you show where the building code stops and the quality doesn’t?